Monday 3 October 2011

Looking at three photos in depth- Photo 3: Teenage relationships


Teenage relationships:
My first reaction to this work was that I liked how the natural landscape, soft light and calmness between the couple all complimented one another and produced this sense of ‘young love’. This photo was the perfect example of the teenage essence and passion that flared and inspired Tamara Lichtenstein’s work. I think what initially made me feel the serenity of this photo was the fresh, natural light that captures the woodland around them and the paleness of their skin. I think, yet again, what I liked about this photo (and not just this one in particular) is that Lichtenstein’s work is relatable to teenagers and her work can be easily connected too. A lot of it concentrates on capturing the photo in the moment, the essence and the feeling. That’s why her work is inspired by her friends I feel she waits for the photo to make itself for her to capture and reveal it’s own form. Furthermore, much of her work captures the feelings and emotions we all endure: the strength of a friendship for example or the pure undoubted thought of being in love so young. The colours being soft and the photo capturing warm streams of sunlight brought a predominant sense of peace and stillness which was the apt tone to express and portray the feeling shared. What I liked even more so though was the contrasts of woodland with the exposure of skin. Together to me they seemed to work hand in hand, both natural and not polluted with harsh colours of tops and jumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment