Wednesday 15 June 2011

Maria Kazvan, I love this one can't explain it, reminiscent of teenage fantasies of freedom and being spontaneous

Like I said, this is one of my favourites. I'm seeing this chain of images of road trips, sleeping out in the stars, lying on beeches, good music, friends, whisky and coke, smoke and sun. What drew me in though were the colours, the oranges and warmth of that colour, the fact it brings a vintage sepia tone to it whilst feeling warmth and reminders of autumns. Simultaneously, it keeps in touch with Maria Kazvan's continuous reminders of teenage youth and spirit. I chose this photo to analyse primarily because it represents a lot of what she works with in her art. Colour, freedom, teenage spirit and relaxation whilst entwining that inkeeping tone of vintage that I so love. However, I think I can relate to it because it draws together the fantasies of youth and the images of blissful escape from routine and boredom and in place option, ecstasy (I don't mean the drug fyi) and euphoria. However, what makes it personal to me is the fact Maria Kazvan's inspiration ignites from her friends, the places they travel to and the sights they see there, all things I want to do and draw pictures from. She's inspired by the same things I look to for inspiration: good music, books and art, fashion in the nineties and her friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment