Tuesday 21 June 2011

Sofia Ajram, dreams, this is what I admire, so beautiful!





These were the photos which drew me in to researching Sofia Ajram. A lot of her work is inspired by her dreams, the lucidity and haunting images that come from them. The glitters of light, to me, did represent dreams as if they were the stars, remaining as a reminder of night. At first, I thought the work was done naturally maybe by UV paint or a laser light. However, once I read into her biography I saw she was a big fan of graphic design, so I concluded that the light effect was done by a computer editing software. I thought about ways in which I could achieve this effect without, perhaps background lighting, such as light through a thin curtain to silhouette the outline of somebody and scattering them and the bed with UV paint to give the star effect. I could experiment with coloured glow sticks to give a similar effect to the last photo.

I felt this would be a good core of inspiration to my work or at least work that could give me a chance to do something artistic, creative and expand my graphic design skills like I did in my year 12 works in editing fairy wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment